This book explores the origins of the so-called 'punitive turn' in penal policy across Western nations over the past two decades.
It demonstrates how the context of neoliberalism has informed penal policy-making and argues that it is ultimately neoliberalism which has led to the recent intensification of punishment.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 252 pages, XIV, 252 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/01/2011
- Category: Cultural studies
- ISBN: 9780230251977
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £48.95