The King's Bishops : The Politics of Patronage in England and Normandy, 1066-1216 Hardback
by E. Crosby
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
This is the first detailed comparative study of patronage as an instrument of power in the relations between kings and bishops in England and Normandy after the Conquest.
Esteemed medievalist Everett U. Crosby considers new perspectives of medieval state-building and the vexed relations between secular and ecclesiastical authority.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 519 pages, XVIII, 519 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/09/2013
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781137307767
- PDF from £93.08
- Paperback / softback from £101.65