Florida Disasters : True Stories of Tragedy and Survival Paperback / softback
From the Great Citrus Freeze of 1895 and tidal wave of 1935 to the Apollo fire of 1967 and Challenger disaster of 1986, Florida has been the site of some of the nation's most dramatic moments.
Each account in this book reveals not only the circumstances surrounding the disaster and the magnitude of the devastation, but also the courage and ingenuity displayed by those who survived and the heroism of those who helped others, often risking their own lives in rescue efforts.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, 1 Maps; 27 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Publication Date: 01/05/2017
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781493028740
- EPUB from £13.39