The Female Servant and Sensation Fiction : 'Kitchen Literature' Hardback
by E. Steere
The Female Servant and Sensation Fiction: 'Kitchen Literature' explores why Victorian sensation fiction was derided as literature fit only for maids and cooks and how the depictions of fictional female domestics, from Jane Eyre to Neo-Victorian novels, reflect contemporary social concerns about the blurring of the boundaries of class and gender.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 210 pages, VIII, 210 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/10/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137365255
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £48.99