An Introduction to Syntax : Fundamentals of Syntactic Analysis Hardback
This comprehensive introduction presents the basic goals and tools of syntactic analysis.
The conceptual framework is theory-neutral, presenting a scientific introduction to the field.
The chapters in the first half of the book present a detailed introduction to synchronic description.
The second half of the book examines variation and change, syntactic typology, and language acquisition, and possible explanations from structural, evolutionary and functional perspectives.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 240 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 04/05/2006
- Category: Grammar, syntax
- ISBN: 9780826489456
- Paperback / softback from £34.55
- PDF from £35.89