The Searchers Paperback / softback
Part of the BFI Film Classics series
John Ford's masterpiece "The Searchers "(1956) was rated fifth greatest film of all time in "Sight and Sound'"s most recent poll of critics.
Its influence on many of America's most distinguished contemporary filmmakers - among them Martin Scorsese, Paul Schrader, and John Milius - is enormous. Edward Buscombe provides a detailed commentary on all aspects of the film, and makes full use of material in the John Ford archive in Indiana, including Ford's own memos and the original script, which differs in vital respects from the film he made.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 80 pages, colour illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 01/09/2000
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780851708201