The South Country Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Eric Fitch Daglish
Part of the Nature Classics Library series
Edward Thomas's death in the Second World War robbed the world of a great poet, a fine writer, and a pioneering environmentalist.
Published in 1909, The South Country is the happiest of all his books.
Lyrical, passionate, acutely sensitive to life in the countryside and the rhythms of the seasons, it brilliantly merges landscape, folk culture and natural history into a record of what Edward Thomas saw and felt as he wandered the old ways of southern England.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, b/w wood engravings + line drawings
- Publisher: Little Toller Books
- Publication Date: 06/06/2009
- Category: The countryside, country life
- ISBN: 9780956254511
- Paperback / softback from £8.99