The Queens Regnant of Navarre : Succession, Politics, and Partnership, 1274-1512 Hardback
Part of the Queenship and Power series
The five queens of Navarre were the largest group of female sovereigns in one European realm during the Middle Ages, but they are largely unknown beyond a regional audience.
This survey fills this scholarly lacuna, focusing particularly on issues of female succession, agency, and power-sharing dynamic between the queens and their male consorts.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 267 pages, XXII, 267 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/09/2013
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781137339140
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £48.25