The West Bank and Gaza Strip : A Geography of Occupation and Disengagement Paperback / softback
Written in a clear and easy-to-follow style, this revealing text examines the contemporary political geography of the West Bank and Gaza strip.
Descriptive in nature, it documents the changes and developments since 1967 right up to the disengagement from Gaza.
The book is supplemented by numerous maps and covers issues including demography, Jewish settlements, water and natural resources, transport infrastructure, planning, partition plans for Jerusalem, settlement policy and the Separation Fence. One of the first books to tackle this contentious subject from a geographical rather than a political or historical perspective, The West Bank and Gaza Strip will be of huge interest to both undergraduate and graduate students studying the Israel-Palestine question.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 228 pages, 30 Line drawings, black and white; 10 Halftones, black and white; 7 Tables, black and whi
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 24/03/2006
- Category: Interdisciplinary studies
- ISBN: 9780415385459