Bluestockings : Women of Reason from Enlightenment to Romanticism Paperback / softback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print series
This studyargues that female networks of conversation, correspondenceand patronage formed the foundation for women's work in the 'higher' realms of Shakespeare criticism and poetry.
Eger traces the transition between Enlightenment and Romantic culture, arguing for the relevance of rational argument in the history of women's writing.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 275 pages, 30 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 275 p. 30 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/01/2010
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137018472
- Hardback from £75.75
- Paperback / softback from £27.29