Dying for Victorian Medicine : English Anatomy and Its Trade in the Dead Poor, C.1834 - 1929 Hardback
The first book to provide a detailed analysis of the body-trafficking networks of the dead poor that underpinned the expansion of medical education from Victorian times.
With an even-handed approach to the business of anatomy, Hurren uses remarkable case histories which still echo a vibrant body-business on the internet today in a biomedical age.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 398 pages, XVIII, 398 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/12/2011
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230219663
- Paperback / softback from £17.79