The Development of Byron's Philosophy of Knowledge : Certain in Uncertainty Hardback
Taking a fresh approach to Byron, this book argues that he should be understood as a poet whose major works develop a carefully reasoned philosophy.
Situating him with reference to the thought of the period, it argues for Byron as an active thinker, whose final philosophical stance - reader-centred scepticism - has extensive practical implications.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 229 pages, XI, 229 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/10/2010
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230231511
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £48.95