English Parish Churches Paperback / softback
Part of the World of Art series
The late Sir John Betjeman described this volume as "a gem of a book...condensed knowledge without being stodgy, affectionate without being mawkish." From the Saxon simplicity of the little church of St.
Lawrence at Bradford-on-Avon to the late Victorian splendor of Holy Trinity, Sloane Street, London, Edwin Smith's photographs of parish churches epitomize English history and the English way of life.
Graham Hutton's enthusiastic texts set the buildings in their social and historical context, while Olive Cook, Edwin Smith's window, provides illuminating notes to the pictures. 214 Illus.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 252 pages, 214 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 13/09/1976
- Category: Religious buildings
- ISBN: 9780500201398
- Hardback from £15.85
- Paperback / softback from £10.95
- EPUB from £13.44
- PDF from £13.44
- Paperback from £12.99