The Age of Lincoln and Cavour : Comparative Perspectives on 19th-Century American and Italian Nation-Building Hardback
In the 19th century, both Italy and the US were young countries pursuing liberal nationalism even as unity was threatened by a recalcitrant southern population.
This nuanced analysis of abolitionism and Italian democratic nationalism, Lincoln and Cavour, and the nation's two civil wars provides powerful new insights into their histories.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 235 pages, VIII, 235 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/02/2015
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781137485427
- Paperback / softback from £49.45
- PDF from £53.54