David Bowie : Critical Perspectives Paperback / softback
David Bowie: Critical Perspectives examines in detail the many layers of one of the most intriguing and influential icons in popular culture.
This interdisciplinary book brings together established and emerging scholars from a wide variety of backgrounds, including musicology, sociology, art history, literary theory, philosophy, politics, film studies and media studies.
Bowie's complexity as a singer, songwriter, producer, performer, actor and artist demands that any critical engagement with his overall work must be interdisciplinary and wide-ranging in its scope.
The chapters are organised around the key themes of `textualities', `psychologies', `orientalisms', `art and agency' and `performing and influencing' in Bowie's work.
This comprehensive book contributes a great deal to the study of popular music, performance, gender, religion, popular media and celebrity.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 324 pages, 17 Halftones, black and white; 2 Tables, black and white; 19 Illustrations, black and whi
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/12/2016
- Category: Theory of music & musicology
- ISBN: 9781138631205