Language and the Politics of Sexuality : Lesbians and Gays in Israel Hardback
by Erez Levon
Examining how lesbian and gay Israelis negotiate the linguistic performance of their sexualities and the constraints of Israeli national ideologies, this book broadens current understandings of the uses and effects of variation in language and details the interconnections between language use and sexual, national and political identities.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 199 pages, 6 Illustrations, black and white; IX, 199 p. 6 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/06/2010
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230227965
- Paperback / softback from £50.05