Intimacy and Family in Early American Writing Hardback
Through the prism of intimacy, Burleigh sheds light on eighteenth and early-nineteenth-century American texts.
This insightful study shows how the trope of the family recurred to produce contradictory images - both intimately familiar and frighteningly alienating - through which Americans responded to upheavals in their cultural landscape.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 209 pages, X, 209 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/05/2014
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137404077
- Paperback / softback from £47.85