The French Queen's Letters : Mary Tudor Brandon and the Politics of Marriage in Sixteenth-Century Europe Hardback
Part of the Queenship and Power series
A fresh biography of Mary Tudor which challenges conventional views of her as a weeping hysteric and love-struck romantic, providing instead the portrait of a queen who drew on two sources of authority to increase the power of her position: epistolary conventions and the rhetoric of chivalry that imbued the French and English courts.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 266 pages, 3 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 266 p. 3 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/03/2011
- Category: Biography: royalty
- ISBN: 9780230620308
- Paperback / softback from £55.79