Repression and Realism in Post-war American Literature Hardback
by ERIN MERCER
Part of the American Literature Readings in the 21st Century series
This study of fiction produced in America in the decade following 1945 examines literature by writers such as Kerouac and Bellow.
It examines how, though such fiction seemed to resolutely avoid the events and implications of World War II, it was still suffused with dread and suggestions of war in imagery and language.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 249 pages, VIII, 249 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/04/2011
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230111660
- Paperback / softback from £48.95