International Migration, Social Demotion, and Imagined Advancement : An Ethnography of Socioglobal Mobility Hardback
by Erind Pajo
This book represents one of the first studies to look at the negative results of migration.
Based on an ethnographic study focusing on Albanian migrants in Greece and Italy, the book discusses the reasons people leave their homeland for a "better life" - especially if that does not happen.
It finds that imaginaries of the world as a social hierarchy might lie at the root of much of the contemporary international migration.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 214 pages, 4 Tables, black and white; XVIII, 214 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 01/10/2007
- Category: Migration, immigration & emigration
- ISBN: 9780387719528
- PDF from £63.33
- Paperback / softback from £61.65