Missionary Discourses of Difference : Negotiating Otherness in the British Empire, 1840-1900 Hardback
by Esme Cleall
Part of the Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series series
Missionary Discourse examines missionary writings from India and southern Africa to explore colonial discourses about race, religion, gender and culture.
The book is organised around three themes: family, sickness and violence, which were key areas of missionary concern, and important axes around which colonial difference was forged.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 243 pages, XI, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/06/2012
- Category: Modern history to 20th century: c 1700 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230296800
- Paperback / softback from £61.69