Disorientation: Muslim Identity in Contemporary Anglophone Literature Hardback
Focusing on British novels about the Muslim immigrant experience published after 9/11; this book examines the promise as well as the limits of 'British Muslim' identity as a viable form of self-representation, and the challenges - particularly for women - of reconciling non-Western religious identity with the secular policies of Western states.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 223 pages, VII, 223 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/09/2013
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137281715
- Paperback / softback from £57.45