Practical Problems in Research Methods : A Casebook with Questions for Discussion Paperback / softback
* Each of the 53 cases presents a practical problem faced by a researcher and the solution he or she selected. *The questions encourage students to evaluate the researcher's solution and consider alternatives. *All cases are drawn from the published literature. Your students will evaluate real problems faced by practicing researchers. *All major topics in research methods are covered. Here are samples from the seven major sections of the book: *Sampling: Sampling Hispanic Adults by Telephone*Measurement: Social Desirability*Operational Definitions: Defining "Physical Abuse" of Children*Procedures: Controlling the Distribution of a Questionnaire*Experimental and Causal-Comparative Design: Forming Comparison*Groups in Classroom Research on Reading*Ethical Considerations: Prescreening Adolescents for Stress*Interpretation of Results: Health Risk Behaviors of Adolescents*The extensive instructor's guide provides discussion points as well as samples of students' answers obtained in the field tests. *This supplementary book makes dry textbook principles come alive!
Students learn that research is a dynamic process-that for many problems there are competing solutions, each with its own advantages and drawbacks. *The 35 short cases are ideal for classroom discussions.
The 18 longer ones make great homework assignments.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 119 pages
- Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/06/1998
- Category: Research methods: general
- ISBN: 9781884585111
- EPUB from £21.29
- PDF from £21.29