Autogenic Structures Paperback / softback
This book offers an alternative vision for the future of architecture, a timely and invaluable contribution to the debate concerning emergent surfaces and the next generation of building membranes in this era of extreme computational control. Areas covered include:the future relationship between structure and ornamentthe value of mass customization for the next generation of modular building componentsthe role of smart materials in creating a sustainable universe. Critical essays are combined with cutting-edge work to form an inspiring manual of varied digital and analog techniques.
Highly illustrated with over 300 photographs, illustrations, and drawings, Autogenic Structures is for anyone curious to learn about a visionary approach to the development of architecture.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, 90 Line drawings, black and white; 59 Halftones, black and white; 155 Illustrations, colo
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 15/10/2008
- Category: Architectural structure & design
- ISBN: 9780415776905