Positioning Gender and Race in (Post)colonial Plantation Space : Connecting Ireland and the Caribbean Hardback
Part of the Critical Studies in Gender, Sexuality, and Culture series
Stoddard uses the Anglophone Caribbean and Ireland to examine the complex inflections of women and race as articulated in-between the colonial discursive and material formations of the eighteenth century and those of the (post)colonial twentieth century, as structured by the defined spaces of the colonizers' estates.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 254 pages, XII, 254 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 09/11/2012
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230113725
- Paperback / softback from £54.09