Debating American Exceptionalism : Empire and Democracy in the Wake of the Spanish-American War Hardback
The Spanish-American War focused not only on foreign policy, but also on the nation's very essence and purpose.
At the heart of this debate was a consensus on American nationalism.
This book explains why the belief in exceptionalism still serves as the basis of American nationalism and foreign policy even in spite of more recent military failures.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 279 pages, XIII, 279 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/07/2012
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780230392892
- Paperback / softback from £50.59