Women and Leadership in West Africa : Mothering the Nation and Humanizing the State Hardback
This book examines women and leadership in West Africa, with a special focus on Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone-the Mano River Union countries.
These countries have traditions of indigenous female leadership in executive positions in varying degrees, and all three have a tradition of organizations that form important power bases for women.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 267 pages, XV, 267 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/12/2011
- Category: Gender studies: women
- ISBN: 9780230338128
- Paperback / softback from £58.55