Examining a range of fantasy films released in the past decade, Pheasant-Kelly looks at why these films are meaningful to current audiences.
The imagery and themes reflecting 9/11, millennial anxieties, and environmental disasters have furthered fantasy's rise to dominance as they allow viewers to work through traumatic memories of these issues.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 211 pages, XI, 211 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/03/2013
- Category: Film: styles & genres
- ISBN: 9780230392120
- Paperback / softback from £49.85