Completing Your Thesis or Dissertation : Professors Share Their Techniques & Strategies Paperback / softback
by Fred Pyrczak
* Seventy professors share their tips, techniques, and strategies for overcoming roadblocks to the completion of a thesis or dissertation. * Many of the professors share their personal experiences in completing their dissertations.
With hindsight, they offer advice based on these experiences.
The personal nature of these essays makes fascinating reading. * The professors' contributions cover a wide range of topics including* selecting a topic, * selecting a chair and a committee,* working with the chair and committee, * selecting literature to review, * writing a literature review, * time management,* overcoming writer's block, * overcoming anxiety, * putting the thesis/dissertation into proper perspective,* establishing support groups,* understanding the role of the dissertation in professional development,* and many others!* This "in-their-own-words" book allows students to select the advice that is best suited to their situations and work styles. * Running sidebars throughout the book help students locate information on the matters with which they need help. * Ideal for independent reading by your students or use each of the contributions as a discussion topic in a thesis/dissertation preparation course.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 105 pages
- Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/01/2000
- Category: Higher & further education, tertiary education
- ISBN: 9781884585210