The British Soldier in the Peninsular War : Encounters with Spain and Portugal, 1808-1814 Hardback
by G. Daly
Part of the War, Culture and Society, 1750 -1850 series
Combining military and cultural history, the book explores British soldiers' travels and cross-cultural encounters in Spain and Portugal, 1808-1814.
It is the story of how soldiers interacted with the local environment and culture, of their attitudes and behaviour towards the inhabitants, and how they wrote about all this in letters and memoirs.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 302 pages, XIII, 302 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 23/07/2013
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781137323828
- Paperback / softback from £52.19