Sibling Love and Incest in Jane Austen's Fiction Paperback / softback
by G. Hudson
Examines Austen's presentation of sibling love and rivalry in the context of the social and historical changes in the late 18th and early 19th centuries and analyses the incest motif in numerous works of the period, arguing that the handling of incestuous themes represents a stage in the development of the novel. Originally published in 1992.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 158 pages, XV, 158 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/05/1999
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780333752074