Social Security : Policy Options & Long-Term Projections Paperback / softback
Edited by Gabrielle L. Lavaca, John P. Pattersen
Social security's dedicated revenue stream sets it apart from most other federal programs in that the dedicated revenues are credited to trust funds that are used to finance the program's activities.
Current estimates suggest that unless changes are made to the system, the trust funds combined will be exhausted by 2039.
This book provides an overview of social security and discusses some of the criteria for evaluating proposals and options to change the system and their financial and distributional effects
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 162 pages, tables, graphs, charts
- Publisher: Nova Science Publishers Inc
- Publication Date: 03/08/2011
- Category: Social issues & processes
- ISBN: 9781612095615