An Ocean of Air : A Natural History of the Atmosphere Paperback / softback
We not only live in the air, we live because of it.
At ground level air transforms miraculously; it wraps our planet in a blanket of warmth, while the outer layer of our atmosphere soaks up violent flares from the sun.
In this fascinating celebration of the Earth's fragile atmosphere, Gabrielle Walker traces a journey of groundbreaking scientific discovery from the first experiments in the Renaissance to recent findings in space.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 19/05/2008
- Category: Popular science
- ISBN: 9780747592907