The search for meaning is an essential human activity.
It is not just about agreeing on some definitions about the world, objects, and people; it is an ethical process of opening up to find new possibilities.
Langlois uses case studies of social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, and Amazon) to revisit traditional conceptions of meaning.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 201 pages, IX, 201 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 05/06/2014
- Category: Cultural studies
- ISBN: 9781137356604
- Paperback / softback from £57.45