Building Outrigger Sailing Canoes Paperback / softback
Build the fastest, most exoticsailboats around!Popular in Hawaii and throughout the South Pacificand Indian Oceans, outrigger canoes combine theromance of the South Seas with a ruthless efficiency ofdesign and breathtaking sailing performance.
This is thefirst book to present complete plans and buildinginstructions for three outrigger sailing canoes. Based on traditional Hawaiian and Micronesian types, thedesigns are lightweight, easy to build, and screaminglyfast.
Author Gary Dierking shows you how tobuild these boats using stitch-and-glue and strip-plankingconstruction, explains what tools and materials arerequired, how to rig and equip the boats, and more.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 50 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: International Marine Publishing Co
- Publication Date: 01/09/2007
- Category: Shipbuilding technology, engineering & trades
- ISBN: 9780071487917
- EPUB from £20.16