Music education has undergone a remarkable transformation in recent years.
Whereas lessons were once characterised by their passivity, children now learn about music through actively engaging in it by performing, composing, listening and appraising.
This reader places music education in context and then goes on to examine a range of issues linked to the teaching and learning of music.
The latter half of the book concentrates on music education within the classroom, highlighting the kinds of points which all teachers of music will have to consider.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 284 pages
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 26/10/1995
- Category: Teaching of a specific subject
- ISBN: 9780415133678
- Paperback / softback from £31.35
- EPUB from £30.60
- PDF from £22.49