Romanticism, Medicine and the Natural Supernatural : Transcendent Vision and Bodily Spectres, 1789-1852 Hardback
by Gavin Budge
This fascinating interdisciplinary study examines the relationship between literary interest in visionary kinds of experience and medical ideas about hallucination and the nerves in the first half of the nineteenth century, focusing on canonical Romantic authors, the work of women writers influenced by Romanticism, and visual culture.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 295 pages, VIII, 295 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/10/2012
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230238466
- Paperback / softback from £52.19