This is an enlarged edition of a work that has been accepted as the most complete exposition of model shipbuilding.
The book is unusual in its attention to minute and authentic detail, supplying more than a thousand diagrams.
Included are details and features of a typical whaling vessel of the Moby Dick era, river and harbor ferryboats of the double-ender type and, in removable inserts, complete working plans for a clipper ship, a Gloucester fisherman, a harbor tugboat, a dragger, and the "ironclads" Monitor and Merrimac.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 320 pages, 17 b/w photos, 22 illustrations, 6 plans, & 157 plates of drawings
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 07/07/2009
- Category: Shipbuilding technology, engineering & trades
- ISBN: 9780870333699