NOLS Wilderness Navigation Paperback / softback
Part of the NOLS Library series
The official NOLS guide to finding your way in the outdoors.
Being able to rely on your navigational skills can mean the difference between a successful day hiking and an unplanned overnight in the wilderness.
This new edition focuses on navigational principles and techniques so you can build skills and confidence and not have to rely on technology that is often not available on and off trail.
Based on official NOLS curriculum and vetted by trained NOLS instructors in the field, NOLS Wilderness Navigation covers navigation techniques for map and compass and GPS, navigating by stars and sun, instruction on taking bearings, planning routes and using USGS topo maps, and choosing the right tools and equipment.
This edition also includes international and nautical travel.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 200 pages, 2 Tables, unspecified; 3 Halftones, black and white; 65 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Stackpole Books
- Publication Date: 01/11/2018
- Category: Reference works
- ISBN: 9780811737739