Talkin that Talk : Language, Culture and Education in African America Paperback / softback
A highly readable collection of key articles and essays by a leading scholar on African American language and politics.
Discussing the inter-relationship between African American language, culture and education, Talkin' that Talk is divided into sections, each introduced by the author, which include:* African American language and education* Language theory, research and the Black intellectual tradition* Black language and culture* Black women's discourse* Language policy and global multilingualism.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 476 pages, 23 Tables, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 30/09/1999
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780415208659
- Hardback from £106.15