Tel Dan Inscription : A Reappraisal and a New Introduction Paperback / softback
by George Athas
The first book-length treatment of the most important, and controversial, inscription found in Israel in recent years.
The inscription contains a possible mention of the name 'David' and is thought by many scholars to verify the existence of this king.
Contains a full account of the discovery, epigraphic analysis, palaeographical analysis, possible arrangement of the three fragments discovered, textual analysis and historical commentary.
It is more thorough in each of these treatments than any preceding discussion, and reviews all of the major theories about the inscription, with a well-considered conclusion.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, 29 b&w illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 15/10/2005
- Category: Biblical archaeology
- ISBN: 9780567040435
- Paperback / softback from £31.99