The Oceanographer's Companion : Essential Nautical Skills for Seagoing Scientists and Engineers Paperback / softback
Scientists and engineers embarking on their first voyage for oceanographic or meteorological research are often unprepared for the experience.
Going to sea involves learning a new language - that of the seaman.
This is necessary for clear communications, for the safety and well-being of the members of the scientific party and the ship's crew.
The Oceanographer's Companion is intended to familiarize a student with the basics of navigation, seamanship, marine engineering, communications, safety-of-life-at-sea, shiphandling, knots and splices, first aid, and so much more.
The book will have a very practical feel with lots of examples.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 190 pages, 30 Illustrations, color; 70 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
- Publication Date: 03/03/2017
- Category: Oceanography (seas)
- ISBN: 9781498773065