Women, Fire and Dangerous Things : What Categories Reveal About the Mind Paperback / softback
"Its publication should be a major event for cognitive linguistics and should pose a major challenge for cognitive science.
In addition, it should have repercussions in a variety of disciplines, ranging from anthropology and psychology to epistemology and the philosophy of science. . . . Lakoff asks: What do categories of language and thought reveal about the human mind?
Offering both general theory and minute details, Lakoff shows that categories reveal a great deal."--David E.
Leary, American Scientist
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 642 pages, 32 line drawings
- Publisher: The University of Chicago Press
- Publication Date: 01/04/1990
- Category: Philosophy of mind
- ISBN: 9780226468044