A Social History of Student Volunteering : Britain and Beyond, 1880-1980 Hardback
Part of the Historical Studies in Education series
Using a wide range of student testimony and oral history, Georgina Brewis sets in international, comparative context a one-hundred year history of student voluntarism and social action at UK colleges and universities, including such causes as relief for victims of fascism in the 1930s and international development in the 1960s.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 263 pages, XIV, 263 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/07/2014
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9781137370136
- Paperback / softback from £57.69