Cinema 1 : The Movement Image Paperback / softback
Part of the Continuum Impacts series
Gilles Deleuze (1925-1995) was Professor of Philosophy at the University of Paris VIII.
He is one of the key figures in poststructuralism, and one of the most influential philosophers of the twentieth century.
Cinema I is a revolutionary work in the theory of cinema and begins Deleuze's major reassessment of film, concluded in Cinema II.
In it, Deleuze identifies three distinct principal types of 'image movement' and draws upon diverse examples from the work of such major filmmakers as Griffith, Eisenstein, Cassavetes and Altman.
Translated by Hugh Tomlinson and Babara Habberjam.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 280 pages, black & white illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 01/01/2005
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780826477057