Uses of Austen : Jane's Afterlives Hardback
by Gillian Dow
Edited by Clare Hanson
This book focuses on how Austen's life and work is being re-framed and re-imagined in 20th and 21st century literature and culture.
Tracing the connections between Modernist Austen in the early C20th and feminist and post-feminist appropriations in the later C20th, it examines how Austen emerged as a complex point of reference on the global stage.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 243 pages, X, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/08/2012
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230319462
- PDF from £18.70
- Paperback / softback from £21.15