Panzer Crewman : 1939-1945 Paperback / softback
Illustrated by V. Vuksic
Part of the Warrior S. series
In World War II the Panzer spearheaded every major battle, compaign or battle from the invasions of Poland and France in the "Blitzkrieg", to the last great counter-offensive in the Ardennes.
Germany's Panzer crews fought on every front and along the way had earned a formidable reputation for elan in the attack and steadfastness in defence.
This book charts the recruitment, training, service conditions and combat experience of a typical World War II German tank crewman, serving on various fronts - from the scorching heat of the Western Desert to the frozen tundra of the Eastern Front.
It features unpublished photographs which have come from two main sources - private collectors and Panzer veterans themselves.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, 8 colour and 51 b&w illustrations, chronology, bibliography, glossary, index
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 17/04/2002
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781841763286