Dorset Airfields in the Second World War Paperback / softback
by Graham Smith
Part of the Airfields in the Second World War series
A full account of the part played by Dorset's airfields during the Second World War including Hamworthy, Hurn and Tarrant Rushton.
The history of each airfield is described with the squadrons and aircraft based at them and the main operations flown.
The effects of the war on the daily lives of civilians and the constant dangers from raids and night bombing are also detailed.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 100ill.1M.
- Publisher: Countryside Books
- Publication Date: 14/11/1999
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781853065125