Since the Internet's early widespread use in the mid-1990s, Internet addiction has been identified as a legitimate psychological disorder with significant implications for an individual's cognitive, emotional, and social development.
This book presents current research from across the globe in the study of Internet Addiction, including Internet Addiction in adolescence and emerging adulthood; on-line pathological gambling; the Internet and its negative impact on adolescents' sexuality; and the maltreatment of internet addicts in China.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 119 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Nova Science Publishers Inc
- Publication Date: 27/10/2011
- Category: Addiction & therapy
- ISBN: 9781611220582