John Marshall : The Chief Justice Who Saved the Nation Paperback / softback
The surprising life of Chief Justice John Marshall, who turned the Supreme Court into a bulwark against presidential and congressional tyranny and saved American democracyIn this startling biography, award-winning author Harlow Giles Unger reveals how Virginia-born John Marshall emerged from the Revolutionary War's bloodiest battlefields to become one of the nation's most important Founding Fathers: America's greatest Chief Justice.
With nine decisions that shocked the nation, John Marshall and his court saved American liberty by protecting individual rights and the rights of private business against tyranny by federal, state, and local government.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 384 pages, b/w photos throughout
- Publisher: INGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES US
- Publication Date: 28/06/2016
- Category: Biography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9780306824562
- Hardback from £16.39
- EPUB from £7.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £20.96